Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwaan→, Sophie Duker≈ and Shelf**.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "maritime gender fluidity" - Chortle
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 4 weeks:
Tuesday 13 November
at The Phoenix
ACMS on November 13th
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 11pm
£7, or £10 with Andrew O'Neill's book
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Tue 22:16: RT @JozNorris: Just a reminder that 4 years ago almost exactly I went to Vietnam and took this picture of a chicken crossing a road and I s…
- Tue 17:02: RT @EleanorMorton: @BenTarget @5tevieM @TigcoRiches @johnsfurcoat @dancook100 @angelcomedy @billmurraypub @plosiveprods @AltComMemSoc @Weir…
- Tue 17:02: RT @BenTarget: 📢NEW SHOW ALERT🎉 Join four of the world’s most exciting comic talents (and John Kearns) for a night of new beginnings... ¬…
- Tue 10:41: RT @brexitplay: First four performances of #Brexit @KingsHeadThtr now selling out... so book early and book often...please retweet! @tomsal…
- Mon 23:34: RT @beesesteeses: Finally, Every Brilliant Thing has showed up on NOW TV. Going to fill my eyes and ears with it right now!
- Mon 12:59: RT @turlygod: i made a playlist of songs from the "going to..." series by the @mountain_goats. if you want. https://t.co/FXN6boyEID