Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦, William Andrewsψ, Jonny and the Baptists¥, Joz Norrisø, Eleanor Morton→, Elf Lyons≈, Mawaan Rizwan**, Siân Docksey***, Sophie Duker**** and Shelf*****.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up with a cartoon: noblefailure.org/merch.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "complete with sea shanties" The Wee Review
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 13 days:
Monday 18 July
at The Cartoon Museum
ACMS on July 18th
Doors open: 6:30pm
Show starts: 7pm
Ends approx: 10pm
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Tue 10:35: RT @AstroKatie: The term “pregnant people” includes pregnant women & also people who are pregnant but are not women. It doesn’t in any way…
- Tue 10:28: RT @SteveHofstetter: And now Highland Park. During a parade. Full of cops. I am going to re-post this video every time I hear about a mass…
- Tue 10:11: RT @joewellscomic: oh fuck I put "performer of 6 fringes" in the organisation bit cos I thought I had to put something and now its listed i…
- Tue 10:06: RT @ameliaelizalde: its so funny that if you get famous u have to be nice to james corden
- Tue 01:07: RT @BakersTweet: I’ve heard that in the 80s/90s they’d be starting work on the app on the train up to the Edinburgh festival #EdFringe #App
- Mon 23:52: RT @siandocksey: Sign this app thingy to support performers going to Edinburgh but also, please trash all the Festival business models that…