Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwan→, Sophie Duker≈ and Shelf**.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 4 weeks:
Tuesday 14 May
at The Phoenix
ACMS on May 14th
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 11pm
£7, or £12 Golden Tickets
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Fri 12:53: RT @tomwalkerisgood: @jlukeroberts @BerksNest @AssemblyFest this is the most JLR-worded threat there's ever been
- Fri 12:53: RT @jlukeroberts: @tomwalkerisgood @BerksNest @AssemblyFest I am determined to make your time here more troublesome than you anticipate
- Fri 12:53: RT @tomwalkerisgood: My Edinburgh show is on sale now. 4th year in a row of doing a solo show at the fringe. I am greatly looking forward t…
- Fri 11:11: RT @BarrelComedy: JUST LOOK AT OUR FRINGE '19 LINE UP! After yesterday's big release of @edfringe shows, we've put all of ours in one pla…
- Fri 10:56: RT @siandocksey: Folks in London go see my worst pal Zoë preview her 🔥 new standup tonight with some straight white dude she found on the o…