Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥ and Elf Lyonsø.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
Next show in 6 days:
Monday 23 January
at The Bill Murray
ACMS at The Bill Murray - Jan 23rd
Doors open: 8pm, probably
Show starts: 8.15pm
Ends approx: 11ish
£6/7/8 in advance (choose! based on what is available and how much you want to give us!)
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Mon 23:45: RT @sam_bambs: Betty Boothroyd; Betty Boothroyd just doing the doothroyd
- Mon 14:13: RT @Natashaplays: The #ClownSex phone line is open 24 hours a day. Find your clown fetish on 23 Jan at @angelcomedy with @AltComMemSoc http…
- Mon 14:11: London | @billmurraypub | Mon 23rd Jan | 8ish, £7+ | https://t.co/1IH4rhGhFp | @jlukeroberts, @turlygod, @JozNorris… https://t.co/G23hQUdUx7
- Mon 13:33: RT @tombellforever: Here's something a little different, I've built an Escape Room in a van and it launches @VAULTFestival very soon! https…