Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you’ll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦ and William Andrewsψ.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
Next show in 3 days:
Sunday 24 August
at Stand in the Square
Edinburgh Fringe, Show 13/13
Show starts: 22.00
Ends approx: 23.00
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Wed 03:55: RT @PaulProvenza: Seen Thom @turlygod Tuck do @SETLISTSHOW LIVE on @NerdistDotCom yet? He's a complete original: https://t.co/VepbMgIrvq @A…
- Tue 17:56: RT @StandComedyClub: The @AltComMemSoc have @mistertrent @EdGambleComedy @Jonny_Baptists @AlexisDubus tonight. QUALITY http://t.co/3NM8NCB…
- Tue 16:15: So there's that.
- Tue 16:14: Our producer Isabelle is very keen you know she's running an adults-only child's-style birthday at 7.45 in the Citrus Club by the Traverse.