Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦, William Andrewsψ and Jonny and the Baptists¥.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
Next show in 3 weeks:
Monday 24 October
at Angel 2.0
ACMS at Angel
Doors open: 7ish, probably earlier, it IS a pub
Show starts: 7.30ish
Ends approx: 11ish
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Fri 00:57: RT @cool_as_heck: HALLOWEEN IS CANCELLED https://t.co/oH3p2m3AUs
- Thu 14:16: RT @TheTall_Bot: If other people used Twitter like comedians. https://t.co/0rZvufXNVB
- Thu 13:08: RT @turlygod: deets: @shamblescomedy, at Aces & Eights, in Tufnell Park, at 19:30.
- Thu 13:08: RT @turlygod: #gigging tonight in #london. #northlondon, to be precise. if you are that way inclined, do come… https://t.co/gyuwC4y9Nz
- Thu 11:24: RT @LilDavidElms: Look how fit Kieran is in this pic 🤒 https://t.co/TlcvQgQf3Y