Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø and Mawaan Rizwaan→.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "maritime gender fluidity" - Chortle
Next show in 2 weeks:
Tuesday 9 October
at The Albany
ACMS at the Albany
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 10:30pm
£7, or £5 'Early Hallowe'en'
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Tue 13:01: RT @rocknrolga: this may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually think guys look better *without* makeup 🤷 https://t.co/Y4wJGbEKxl
- Tue 12:44: RT @brexitplay: #edfringe2018 ends but #BREXIT #theatre keeps on going... London transfer to @KingsHeadThtr from 30 Oct to 17 November...…
- Tue 12:43: Ah, memories. 🔥😻🔥 https://t.co/8T1bkXBefM
- Mon 23:36: RT @mutablejoe: [having an epiphany] nobody gives a shit what I think
- Mon 20:52: RT @ComComPod: The @GaryGulman bit that @AlexEdelman referred to in last week's episode: https://t.co/u6MhwZbJiZ I LOVE this, it's such a s…
- Mon 19:42: RT @turlygod: to repeat, people love our show so much, that someone 3D printed us a cat. https://t.co/ElI7uKtZkc