Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you’ll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦ and William Andrewsψ.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
Next show in 15 weeks:
Sunday 9 August
at Heroes @ The Hive
Edinburgh 2015, #1
Doors open: 9.50pm
Show starts: 10pm
Ends approx: 11pm
£5 advance for definite entry; £0 for bet-hedging hope and money in a bucket collection after the show
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Wed 17:33: RT @joejwest: ME: Eat your lemon PIRATE: No ME: It stops scurvy PIRATE: [folds arms, shuts eye] ME: [carves tiny skull on lemon] PIRATE: [o…
- Fri 17 Apr 14:56: Features much bending from @turlygod, and lemon sadness from @jlukeroberts. Extraordinary. #watson27 https://t.co/kyk6VsHH9T
- Wed 15 Apr 13:50: What a proportional bargain we are, at £70 for 15 shows, if you compare us against an arbitrary alternative!
- Wed 15 Apr 13:50: It's cheaper to see #acms 15 times in Edinburgh https://t.co/088POAzRo7 than to buy a zones 1-3 travelcard for 2 weeks. Yay us. Jeez London.
- Wed 15 Apr 13:44: RT @thestorybeast: “So to reiterate: that’s The Story Beast AND @jlukeroberts Previewing THIS WEDNESDAY at @spiritualbar Camden for only £4…
- Tue 7 Apr 16:07: RT @turlygod: ANNOUNCEMENT: #acms fringe 2015 tickets on sale. every one a fiver. http://t.co/NuuGIXe30k