Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥ and Elf Lyonsø.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
Next show in 2 weeks:
Monday 8 May
at The Bill Murray
ACMS at The Bill Murray - May 8th
Doors open: 7.50ish (after another show has ended)
Show starts: 8ish
Ends approx: 11ish
£5/6/7/8 in advance (choose! nased on what is available and how much you want to give us!)
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Sun 16:25: RT @SteveMartinToGo: A patio set will break down in 5 years, but seeing our show is a memory that lasts through the walk to your car. https…
- Sun 09:25: RT @tinycarebot: 🙌: take a little bit of time to adjust your posture please
- Sat 19:53: RT @bettsaintfunny: Here's what to do with your hangover tomorrow. Sit back at @GoodShipComedy and watch all these great acts and I tell jo…
- Sat 17:55: Starting the clamour now for Tom to get one of @barryferns' awards this Fringe. Possibly for hubris/prophecy. https://t.co/7UhsDBakzR