Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwaan→, Charlie Martin and Sindhu Vee.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "maritime gender fluidity" - Chortle
Next show today:
Friday 17 August
at Monkey Barrel
ACMS at Edfringe #9
Doors open: 23:45
Show starts: 23:55
Ends approx: 02:30? maybe 03:00
£7 advance (guaranteed entry) or Pay What You Want
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Fri 03:42: Just so as @turlygod's unclosed parenthesis doesn't haunt you all... ... as illustrated in this @xkcdComic... ) https://t.co/ku3mBAHlZI
- Fri 03:38: So after @MattHighton and Belgian Peter had fought with @PaulDuncanMcG's baguettes, @joeldommett turned up. And ate… https://t.co/vGjaSq3TDR
- Fri 02:04: San Pellegrino can't quite fix how drunk Thom is right now. "If you weren't on the board outside," chastises… https://t.co/dpZtWq0sWm
- Fri 02:02: A man has heckled with "27!" @turlygod is Prime Number furious. "Don't be a cunt mate, that's three cubed!"
- Fri 00:34: First Permitted Heckle of the ever from Dottie, a tiny beautiful canine. @garwboy: "That is a dog who knows what I'm talking about."