Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦, William Andrewsψ and Jonny and the Baptists¥.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
Next show in 3 days:
Sunday 14 February
at The Criterion
Leicester Comedy Festival
Doors open: 20:05
Show starts: 20:15
Ends approx: 21:45
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Thu 11:47: RT @matthewcrosby: This will be a lot of fun. Bring a spoon! https://t.co/4ZPPd5weGC
- Thu 11:45: Leicester! 8.15pm on Valentine's Day is a time for #acms, @ShutUpAndrea, @TheTweedDonner... https://t.co/58ySw5fEf3 https://t.co/tor9l8vRc1
- Thu 11:39: RT @turlygod: Dear #Leicester, I will be in you for three days. Four shows. Still gotta write on of 'em. https://t.co/Wp7sG3witz https://…
- Thu 11:39: APOLOGIES: @jlukeroberts has cancelled Sunday's @DavesLeicsFest gig, owing to Being In France. SILVER LINING: @turlygod and #acms still on!
- Mon 22:10: RT @mistertrent: MERCH FINALLY COME THROUGH. https://t.co/ZDtFsjNaxK