Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø and Mawaan Rizwaan→.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "maritime gender fluidity" - Chortle
Next show in 3 weeks:
Friday 3 August
at Monkey Barrel
ACMS at Edfringe #1
Doors open: 23:45
Show starts: 23:55
Ends approx: 02:30?
£7 advance (guaranteed entry) or Pay What You Want
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Sun 20:38: RT @AngelaBarnes: Home Safe Collective is a scheme set up for female/female identifying/non binary performers at @edfringe following comic…
- Sun 20:09: RT @podshambles: We've had a wonderful wee holiday in Scotland. No sure Paddy wants to even leave the airport https://t.co/JtqaZENejM
- Sun 16:16: RT @BarrelComedy: Sorry we missed it! https://t.co/D1hBE6evW5
- Sun 11:57: RT @VivEgan41: Our poster for #courtroomplay at #edfringe. We are EVER SO EXCITED about this. With thanks to designer extraordinaire @matth…
- Sun 11:56: RT @jlukeroberts: Edinburgh Show! John-Luke Roberts: All I Wanna Do Is [FX: GUNSHOTS] With a [FX: GUN RELOADING] and a [FX: CASH REGISTER]…
- Sat 16:43: RT @mwasereboy: @JamesAcaster I said you weren't for everyone.