Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥ and Elf Lyonsø.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
Next show in 5 weeks:
Tuesday 16 January
at The Phoenix
ACMS on January 16th
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 11pm
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Thu 19:05: RT @robinince: join in and you may win last available tickets for our Conway Hall run https://t.co/bHpA8HG32T
- Thu 19:01: RT @markthomasinfo: Brilliant Xmas show tip. Thirty Christmases at The New Diorama,London. Seen it. It’s fabulous. Laughed lots. Sobbed a t…
- Thu 19:00: RT @turlygod: #WORLDCUP of #BOBDYLAN ALBUMS: #Roundof16, #Match3: Bringing It All Back Home vs Bob Dylan #WCoBDA #Dylan
- Thu 19:00: RT @turlygod: #WORLDCUP of #BOBDYLAN ALBUMS: #Roundof16, #Match4: The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan vs Tempest #WCoBDA #Dylan
- Thu 16:55: RT @aparnapkin: do women hold grudges, or do women hold devastating information that exposes big ol' cracks in previously impermeable power…