Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥ and Elf Lyonsø.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
Next show in 3 weeks:
Monday 12 February
at The Bill Murray
ACMS on Fenruary 12th
Doors open: 8pm
Show starts: 8:15pm
Ends approx: 11ish
£7 (£5 Blind Date), £10 on the door
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Sun 21:08: RT @TheTall_Bot: I love it when a woman walks by you on the street, wearing a scent that you're familiar with and you're transported back t…
- Sun 12:57: RT @AltComMemSoc: London | Monday February 12th | @billmurraypub | 8:15pm | £7 adv. | https://t.co/0ew0wssPFK (onsale 12pm) w/ @jlukerobe…
- Sun 12:28: RT @SofieHagen: @NickDoody No, I AM sorry. (Am I doing it right?)
- Sun 12:28: RT @NickDoody: @SofieHagen Yes! It is exactly that. Now you are British. I'm sorry.
- Sun 12:28: RT @SofieHagen: Okay, so hold on. A Sunday Roast is basically the entire UK getting together saying “Hey, Christmas food is fucking delicio…
- Sat 13:33: RT @chortle: The least worst of local radio... | This week's comedy on demand https://t.co/EPUmMoAmyG https://t.co/vpwucAvUPD