Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥ and Elf Lyonsø.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
Next show in 5 days:
Monday 27 February
at The Bill Murray
ACMS at The Bill Murray - Feb 27th
Doors open: 8ish?
Show starts: 8.15pm, probably
Ends approx: 11ish
£5/6/7/8 in advance (choose! nased on what is available and how much you want to give us!)
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Wed 00:23: RT @harikondabolu: Every college educated gentrifier does improv in New York City, but can't improvise a "Hello, how are you?" IN MY BUILDI…
- Wed 00:07: RT @MsJoNeary: It's free tomorrow, this gig I'm doing at @billmurraypub with @robinince @michaellegge and Audrey Heartburn. Bargain https:/…
- Tue 20:58: RT @BenTarget: Ok? Ok! https://t.co/NwGe5Pwwi4
- Tue 00:12: RT @watsoncomedian: @mrchrisaddison @robinince I assume he has a separate birthday with Brian Cox and a birthday-in-progress with Michael L…
- Tue 00:12: RT @mrchrisaddison: Happy Birthday to the magnificent @robinince. An absolute one-off. Pure of heart, clear of thought and the funniest tal…
- Mon 20:45: RT @WeeMissBea: @phlaimeaux HOW ARE YOU AT CARB COUNTING, SMILING AT ME SOMETIMES, WORKING OUT WHAT MY ICLOUD PASSWORD IS & WHERE I PUT MY…