Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwan→, Sophie Duker≈ and Shelf**.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 3 weeks:
Tuesday 12 March
at The Phoenix
ACMS on March 12th
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 11pm
£7, or £8 Pancake Tickets
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Wed 09:27: RT @nextupcomedy: 🔥Hot This Week🔥 @EleanorMorton - Lollipop Don’t forget Eleanor and @MaisieAdam are performing live next Wednesday (27 Fe…
- Wed 09:27: RT @Williamandrews: Ordered a cheese burger for my son in my best pigeon French. The waiter looked confused, shrugged, "Qui, c'est possibl…
- Wed 09:15: RT @watsoncomedian: I can't actually vouch that mine will be in the funniest shows of Feb but in quantity terms I don't see anyone offering…
- Tue 14:11: 'Accidentally' RTd this, oh noes. https://t.co/6yLdQB8HNj
- Tue 13:15: RT @turlygod: to repeat, boygenius are boss. they all have individual tiny desk concerts. but this is them together. https://t.co/KYOPFlGx…
- Mon 17:57: RT @jlukeroberts: There are odder shows than mine, but mine is the only one that's odd in the specific way it's odd. But you can'tsell a sh…