Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwan→, Sophie Duker≈ and Shelf**.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 12 days:
Friday 2 August
at Monkey Barrel
Doors open: 23:45
Show starts: 23:55
Ends approx: 02:45, ish
£7 advance (guaranteed entry) or Pay What You Want
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Sun 11:33: RT @Williamandrews: Idea. 5 poster bed.
- Sun 11:32: RT @turlygod: full of sound and fury... and signifying nothing. https://t.co/AgfaG7Erc0
- Sun 11:31: RT @JozNorris: TONIGHT'S GIG IS CANCELLED. Apologies. Do not come. Will regroup in the autumn and figure out whether I want to run any more…
- Sat 23:02: RT @ThisIsTomLittle: Here's my flyer for my Edinburgh show. Look at it. Read it. Then come see me at the Fringe. Thanks. https://t.co/1CXwn…
- Sat 18:12: RT @JozNorris: Duolingo has helpfully started teaching me phrases to just start blurting out at people two-thirds of the way through the Fr…