Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwan→, Sophie Duker≈ and Shelf**.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 4 weeks:
Tuesday 15 January
at The Phoenix
ACMS on January 15th
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 11pm
£7, or £10 Sequels Ticket
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Mon 11:53: RT @edmorrish: @jackbern23 @rosieatlarge @Lin_Manuel Let’s skip over that and address the point that, no matter who you cast as Maria Reyno…
- Mon 11:53: RT @daniel_barker: @jackbern23 Big Burr, Sir. https://t.co/p2hyyGzWZY
- Mon 11:53: RT @kitlovelace: @jackbern23 https://t.co/JZeXojqXxI
- Mon 11:53: RT @jackbern23: I think I might have to crowdsource this... Choose Your Own Muppet Hamilton Cast, anyone? https://t.co/7bPQrXQA5S
- Sun 13:26: RT @Jonny_Baptists: There are 5 tickets left on-sale for tonight's gig @ThePhoenix_W1, but there'll be some more on the door if you just sh…
- Sun 11:40: RT @edmorrish: @jlukeroberts I’ve only read the headline so far but - how could you? https://t.co/DyP7owvuOi