Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you’ll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦ and William Andrewsψ.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
Next show in 11 days:
Sunday 3 August
in Stand in the Square
Edinburgh Fringe, Show 1/13
Show starts: 22.00
Finishes approx: 23.00
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Wed 16 Jul 13:21: Maybe someone should sing Kelis a song about fetching yourself what you want, rather than singing about it. That way the message will go in.
- Wed 16 Jul 13:20: Maybe someone should tell Kelis the quickest way to get a glass of ice-cold water is to fetch it yourself, not sing about it.
- Wed 16 Jul 13:19: RT @MattHighton: @johnsfurcoat I wish I was that dress...
- Wed 16 Jul 13:18: RT @johnsfurcoat: Wish I could wear a dress.
- Wed 16 Jul 12:56: RT @KieranCHodgson: Just did lovely preview in proximity of cool guys @BenTarget and @turlygod . FINAL preview on Sunday. Come along? https…