Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥ and Elf Lyonsø.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
Next show in 2 weeks:
Monday 4 December
at The Bill Murray
ACMS on December 4th
Doors open: 8pm
Show starts: 8:15pm
Ends approx: 11pm
£7 online; £10 on the door
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Fri 19:00: RT @aparnapkin: You know what else is good locker room talk? “That’s disgusting, dude. How are you a person?”
- Fri 10:57: RT @markolver: Christian Bale is Tim Key. https://t.co/GNOaZcBuaL
- Thu 23:08: RT @mattkirshen: Isn’t it crazy to think that horses die? How does that happen? They’re so big.
- Thu 13:59: London | Mon Dec 4th | @billmurraypub | £7 advance | #CRITMIS | https://t.co/bQz3Ddtq77 "lulled into open-minded e… https://t.co/hamJAY5QSr