Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø and Mawaan Rizwaan→.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "maritime gender fluidity" - Chortle
Next show in 10 days:
Monday 4 June
at Komedia Brighton
ACMS in Brighton
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 10:30pm
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Fri 22:50: RT @mrTonyLaw: Oh wow. All my favourite Morons in one day!!! It’ll be perfect. Bloody perfect https://t.co/PgVK6zMrvn
- Fri 20:16: RT @JamesAcaster: I hope everyone at 'How The Light Gets In' has the worst time anyone has ever had at a festival
- Fri 20:16: RT @JamesAcaster: Just saw a male musician tell a female quantum physicist that he disagreed with the scientific theory she'd just explaine…
- Fri 20:15: RT @mistertrent: WHY NOT GIVE THIS A GO. FO FASTER RECORDS ARE FUN. ACMS IS FUN. TONY LAW IS FUN. I AM NOT GOING. NO WAY. https://t.co/T6yq…
- Fri 14:01: RT @AltComMemSoc: <NEWS KLAXON> We are doing a DVD recording with @gofasterchris at London's @billmurraypub on Sunday July 1st. OOOOF. Us a…