Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwan→, Sophie Duker≈ and Shelf**.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 3 weeks:
Tuesday 9 April
at The Albany
ACMS on April 9th
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 10:30pm
£7, or £10 Joy of Spring tickets
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Thu 19:35: RT @anthonyjeselnik: You'd think a comedian who built his entire life around how big he could make his lawnmower would have a more nuanced…
- Wed 16:58: RT @turlygod: i am going distinguished. can i get some acting work now plz. kthnxbai. https://t.co/aoH7qgdTry
- Wed 15:21: RT @jlukeroberts: I'm doing 3 shows at @machcomedyfest - my tour show, my new show and an Adaptations. Come for heaven's sake! https://t.co…
- Wed 15:21: RT @MrDavidReed: ICYMI My @dreadfuls co-chairman and ex-flatmate Thom @turlygod Tuck was my guest on @InsideComedian this week. Listen. Enj…
- Wed 15:20: RT @Williamandrews: I am going to take on designing a few posters again this year for Edinburgh. I'm not free but i'm not expensive - pleas…