Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø and Mawaan Rizwaan→.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "maritime gender fluidity" - Chortle
Next show in 8 days:
Sunday 1 July
at The Bill Murray
ACMS does a DVD!
Doors open: 15 minutes before show-start
Show starts: 8pm for ACMS, 3pm for the whole day
Ends approx: 11pm
£7 just for ACMS, or £10 for all 3 shows
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Thu 20:00: Just 13 of the all-day tickets left for our DVD triple-bill on July 1st! Unless we adjust the numbers a bit! But th… https://t.co/EkPgtqIFai
- Wed 16:00: TONIGHT. @sohotheatre! ATTEND! https://t.co/6o2TxXYfts
- Wed 15:54: RT @philnichol: Hey friends! Unbelievably, I only have 30 performances left in Everybody’s Talking About Jamie. 9 months has flown by.…
- Wed 15:52: RT @BenTarget: TONIGHT: Come see me talk about architecture (blocks of concrete, mainly...) as part of @LFArchitecture, alongside other st…