Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦, William Andrewsψ and Jonny and the Baptists¥.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
Next show in 11 days:
Sunday 7 August
at Stand 3
Edfringe 2016, #1
Doors open: 21.55?
Show starts: 22.05
Ends approx: 00.30
£12 (£10); 4 for £30 from The Stand direct (click on VENUE WEBSITE link)
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Wed 13:24: RT @chris_coltrane: The Balham Free Fringe is this weekend! I have curated 60 hours of free comedy over 3 rooms at @TheBedfordPub. Come! ht…
- Wed 09:30: We endorse this message. https://t.co/IuiZihMnKs
- Wed 09:29: RT @petermcgladdery: May go on a quick trip to Edinburgh during the festival. Am practising my "Oh really? I didn't know you had a podcast"…
- Tue 23:04: RT @CarlDonnelly: Vote for my Edinburgh poster in this year's poster awards innit https://t.co/Gxg5CwcA1V https://t.co/Oef3upzdaE
- Tue 11:39: RT @AlexisDubus: Doing a one-off performance of "A R#ddy Brief History Of Swearing" @edfringe @FollowTheCow 15th Aug 8.45pm. Tickets https…