Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥ and Elf Lyonsø.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
Next show in 3 weeks:
Tuesday 13 March
at The Phoenix
ACMS on March 13th
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 11pm
£7 (£5 National Earmuff Day), £10 on the door
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Wed 19:45: RT @tombellforever: Overwhelming desire to give this sign a big hug #February #HangInThereBuddy https://t.co/lTpKG142fz
- Wed 16:47: Just taking time out in a busy day plotting the rise of the ACMS empire to block & report the crazies fulminating a… https://t.co/MK4efortzS
- Wed 16:45: RT @Channel4News: This Syrian refugee had no real home for five years until comedian @DeborahFW let him stay in her spare room. This is th…
- Wed 13:40: RT @StephenMangan: Just passed Steve Coogan filming new Alan Partridge series in Soho. Very tempted to yell “Dan” at him but he was just ab…
- Wed 10:58: RT @jlukeroberts: Edinburgh! LOOK ON MY WORKS on Sunday night! https://t.co/0Lt8SpRMcV
- Tue 23:03: RT @jamesmcgraw: At least take your fucking earbuds out man https://t.co/ZEQ0DxMuWd