Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you’ll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦ and William Andrewsψ.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
Next show in 3 weeks:
Tuesday 16 December
Doors open: 7pm (TBC)
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Wed 12 Nov 01:03: RT @dreadfuls: Donalbain!
- Sat 8 Nov 15:53: RT @turlygod: There is something you should know: #ACMS returns, for one night, for the British Comedy Awards. http://t.co/Ve6b6gxMVa @altc…
- Tue 4 Nov 12:48: On December 16th, http://t.co/d1Pp8EjgwV is happening at http://t.co/TOp4Utnby1. #bcms #huzzah
- Thu 30 Oct 14:06: December 16th is a date to take note of, particularly if you like #acms, and will be in London.
- Thu 30 Oct 14:05: December 16th is, in Thailand, National Sports Day. Possibly in conjunction with National Chocolate-covered Anything Day.
- Wed 29 Oct 19:32: RT @wiggywalsh: flies really do have a great list of death options: swat, electrocution, spiders web, hanging sticky tape, windscreen, in s…