Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦, William Andrewsψ and Jonny and the Baptists¥.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
Next show in 3 weeks:
Sunday 20 December
Christmas in Bob's Grotto
Doors open: 7pm
Show starts: 7.30pm
£5 (+ booking fee)
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Tue 22:38: RT @ladycariad: The Phil Jupitus Sound 🎶 (wish this was a real band.) With Great Pleasure on @BBCRadio4 Jan 4th🎙📻❤️ https://t.co/hAPFsyRz…
- Mon 23:46: RT @jilltwiss: It’s more fun if you pretend the Republican presidential candidates are an improv troupe and the audience suggestion was “ra…
- Mon 19:50: RT @frankieboyle: Article I wrote for the Guardian https://t.co/dvLdMaDLrP
- Mon 13:35: Ahoy-hoy! We're at @DavesLeicsFest on Sunday Feb 14th: https://t.co/58ySw5fEf3 @jlukeroberts at 4.40pm; @turlygod at 5.50pm; us at 8.15pm!
- Mon 13:29: RT @turlygod: If you've ever heard of the mountain goats, here is my overview of their career. https://t.co/iRz8wlEDkJ @mountain_goats
- Thu 19 Nov 16:51: RT @OhHiRalphJones: All the cool kids will be at this later tonight, taking drugs and smelling delicious. https://t.co/b4pGHgORCR https://t…