Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you’ll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦ and William Andrewsψ.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Mon 17:47: If you're only online today to see @turlygod eat Petit Filous on a treadmill then JESUS CHRIST am I here for you https://t.co/zfIJDlVaqZ!?
- Mon 15:20: Stupid lack of photoshopped-in alligator on this https://t.co/4LVnL4b5K9 photo of @samsimmonss. And, most likely, ALL photos of @samsimmonss