Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you’ll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦ and William Andrewsψ.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
Next show in 9 days:
Tuesday 10 March
ACMS at ALT CAB
Show starts: 7pm
Ends approx: 10pm
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Tue 17 Feb 14:37: RT @jlukeroberts: I think it's too many lemons.
- Tue 17 Feb 14:37: RT @jlukeroberts: Oh lordy this is next week. For pity's sake sponsor me. #rnd15 http://t.co/de5BlyIEqP
- Thu 12 Feb 13:49: RT @DecMunro: This fantastic exhibition is happening - comedy in the 80s and today - http://t.co/RXuHKhAkus with @SIMONMUNNERY, and @AltCo…
- Thu 12 Feb 13:48: Ahem. #acms on March 10th is now sold out. Hooray/apologies, depending on your viewpoint.