Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Josie Longº, Nadia Kamil¯, Sara Pascoe¡, Steve Pretty¨, Tom Bell♦, William Andrewsψ, Jonny and the Baptists¥, Joz Norrisø, Eleanor Morton→, Elf Lyons≈, Mawaan Rizwan**, Siân Docksey***, Sophie Duker**** and Shelf*****.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up with a cartoon: noblefailure.org/merch.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "buoyant" The Telegraph
- ”demographic pleasing” The List
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "complete with sea shanties" The Wee Review
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 4 weeks:
Monday 22 November
at Signature Brew
ACMS on November 22nd
Doors open: pub open from 4pm, doors open for us from 7pm
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 10:30pm
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Thu 01:07: RT @Ahhmandah: when I see my non-binary or trans barista I say "hello They, can I have a latte please Them" They say "sure thing, She. Wha…
- Wed 19:29: RT @EdGambleComedy: @MrNishKumar Nish what the fuck
- Wed 19:29: RT @MrNishKumar: This was such a fun thing to do. But also look at my hair and beard.
- Wed 14:25: RT @lolwordcomedy: Hey, guys, we’re down to the last few tickets for our next @sohotheatre show on Monday 15th November so I’d snap them up…
- Wed 14:24: RT @kateweb: Comedy fans in/near/with access to London - Nish Kumar's doing a few work in progress shows before his 'Control, tour, at @bil…
- Wed 12:00: RT @JGebbie: Super excited to be on this epic night in November! Come on down to experience this stellar line up 🤩🤩