Tired of your day-to-day life and its entertainment? Dismayed at not having a leftfield comedy night stuffed to the gills with hilarious invention? Well this might be the night for you (depending on your tastes). Basically, if it’s your sort of thing, you'll love it.
Life-risking comedy from some or all of: John-Luke Roberts*, Thom Tuck†, Alexis Dubus‡, Ben Target§, Bridget Christie‖, Isy Suttie¶, Sara Pascoeº, Steve Pretty¯, Tom Bell¡, William Andrews¨, Jonny and the Baptists♦, Joz Norrisψ, Eleanor Morton¥, Elf Lyonsø, Mawaan Rizwan→, Sophie Duker≈ and Shelf**.
With their powers combined, and special guests added, it promises to be a cabaret of sorts.
If we were to sum it up in one word, it would be “Overambitious”.
If we were to sum it up in two words: “Overly Ambitious”.
If we were to allow the likes of Chortle's Steve Bennett to have a go, he'd do it in more like 50 words, but possibly that bit more helpfully: "Not just one memorable moment, but dozens of the bastards, all in one night. Kudos to ever-inventive hosts Thom Tuck and John-Luke Roberts for creating the atmosphere where, in one of the night’s many catchphrases, the audience celebrate every act as a failure... but a noble one."
The venue, at least, will be accessible.
- "faintly aloof" The Independent
- "especially" The Telegraph
- “French” Time Out
- "Restrained" Spoonfed
- "she just about succeeds" The Scotsman
- "Word-dense" The Guardian
- "neurotic, eccentric" The Independent
- "Pretty largely uses the trumpet" Chortle
- "a butcher" The Sun
- "misunderstood" Chortle
- "pleasingly ridiculous" The Guardian
- "handsome" The Herald
- "free Pringles" Three Weeks
- "a pervert - but a friendly one" Broadway Baby
- "an annoyed trampoline" - The List
- "gets funnier as she goes along" The Telegraph
- "relevant" The Skinny
Next show in 4 weeks:
Sunday 16 June
at Upper Norwood Library Hub
ACMS on June 16th
Doors open: 7pm (?)
Show starts: 7:30pm
Ends approx: 10:30pm
£10.68 - £13.34
@altcommemsoc on Twitter:
- Sun 12:13: RT @jlukeroberts: FREE preview today in King’s Cross https://t.co/x8FvfoakYv
- Sun 12:11: RT @turlygod: my lovely physical dvd cover. thanks, anne! https://t.co/zWzDhNa48c https://t.co/eRoMT5d5jx
- Sat 16:08: RT @turlygod: reminder honk. https://t.co/z8jR7rczIr
- Sat 16:07: RT @MarcelLucont: England, you have 6 more opportunites to see my new show before I take the finished product to Scotland. June 17 - @phoe…
- Sat 16:07: RT @AlexisDubus: I'm both pleased and troubled to announce that this stupid thing I did for #ACMS the other night is now being realised son…
- Sat 16:06: RT @JozNorris: Two strangers in the street today thought I was Antoni from Queer Eye. I hadn't noticed how similar we are! https://t.co/G9y…